Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Inspiration???


You may ask where do you get your ideas, or say I don't want to copy something that someone else did. That is the perfect way to fire up your own creativity. Here is a recent example.

I absolutely love just about everything that Beate makes, seriously LOVE!!! So I was all set to CASE (copy and steal everything) THIS. CASEing is fine as long as you don't take credit for the idea. So I did and here is my version, minus the Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and I colored with the Aquapainter instead of Copics.

The card base is standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The base is Chocolate Chip cardstock, topped by Riding Hood Red, Whisper White which I used the Scallop Edge punch on. Ski Slope DSP one top. I used the Photo corner punch to the top left with Baha Breeze and Whisper White cardstock topped with Antique Brass brads. I used the Small Oval punch to punch out the Choc. Chip cs, this was topped with Riding Hood Red punched 1/4" circles topped again with the Antique Brass brads.

The focal image is from the Winter Post set in the Holiday Mini, along with the Ski Slope DSP. I stamped the image with Basic Black onto Whisper White cs. Then I colored the image using my Aquapainter and ink pads. The image was then punched out using 1 3/4" circle punch. Mounted on Choc Chip cs and then four Riding Hood Red Scallop Squares. Then placed a square of Whisper White cs. I did not have any Old Olive ribbon, but I think it looks pretty good.

I'll be following this post with the next inspiration card and finally my creation.

No comments: