Thursday, October 23, 2008

Next up


Well I was still feeling the Ski Slope DSP, it really is very prettyyyyy.. Drrrrooooolllll! :) As well as the Winter Post set.

So I was looking in my pics, When I see a card or something I really like I save it. There I found this cute card by MicheleTX - sorry don't remember where I got the pic. But here is my take on it.

The base again is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", Choc. Chip cs again, topped with Baha Breeze cs. I did faux tearing to the left side as she did, using Baha Breeze ink and Sponge, also sponged around edges of cardstock. Then I stamped ( with faux tearing cs still in place) using Baha Breeze and the Sanded background stamp. Then i used the snowflake stamp from Winter Post on the left side of the card with Baha Breeze ink. Then stamped the postage stamp in Choc Chip ink to the top right. A little strip of Choc Chip with some tearing for texture and then a strip of DSP Ski Slope, Scalloped Edge on the bottom of it.

Focal image stamped in Choc Chip on Whisper White cs, colored with Watercolor Pencils which is a much softer look. Layered on a square of Choc Chip cs. Then the Do Not Open until Dec 25 stamped in Riding Hood Red, removed all but writing then colored with Choc Chip marker and punched out using the Designer Label punch.

Now after recreating these two works of art by Beate and MicheleTX, I was inspired to create my own card - up next.

No comments: